Where applicable please attach the following documentation if you are claiming for:
Accidental death of Insured Person
In the unfortunate event that the Insured Person is fatally injured following an accident, the following documentation should be submitted with the claim:
- A copy of the death certificate.
- Documents in support of the relationship between the deceased and the party making the claim (if applicable).
- Police Investigation Report, Post Mortem or Toxicology Report (if any).
- A Coroner’s Certificate with an investigation report and the coroner’s findings.
- If the death occurred overseas and involved a Singaporean Citizen or Permanent Resident, a letter confirming the death issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoint Authority.
Overseas medical expenses or Personal accident/weekly benefits
- Itemised medical bills and receipts.
- Medical report from the attending doctor.
- Copies of medical certificates certifying the period the Insured Person was unfit for work.
- MRI/CT Scan/Histology/X-Ray/Lab Reports (if applicable).
If making a claim under Expatriate Medical Policy or Group Personal Accident Policy, please also include:
- A copy of your/the Insured Person’s passport and/or identity card.
- A copy of the pay slips of the Insured Person for the six months preceding the accident or sickness (if a claim for weekly benefit is being made).
Cancellation/disruption of travel
- Evidence of the delay or cancellation. This may include a letter from the airline or other transport provider confirming the delay or cancellation.
- Details of any refund received or credit given by any airline, transport operator, hotel or other third party.
- Evidence of any additional costs incurred by you due to the delay or cancellation.
- Medical reports and/or other certification evidencing the bodily injury, sickness or death that led to the cancellation and disruption to the Insured Person’s journey (if applicable).
Baggage and personal effects
- Proof of ownership of lost, damaged or stolen items (invoices and receipts).
- Police and/or airline incident/event number.
- Response from transport provider after claim for lost/delayed/damaged luggage.
- IMPORTANT: You will need to submit a claim for compensation to your transport provider BEFORE submitting a claim to us.
- Particulars and contact details for the third party.
- Details of the nature and extent of the property damage (eg photos, videos).
- Details of the bodily injury caused to a third party.
- Details of the circumstances in which the damage arose.
- Details of any witnesses to the incident including contact details.
- Details of any claim submitted to you by a third party in writing.
IMPORTANT: At no time should you admit liability, settle or negotiate a claim without our prior approval. Instead the third party should be directed to contact BHSI.
Rental vehicle excess waiver
- If you are involved in a motor accident, the incident should be reported to the police at the location where the incident took place within 24 hours. You should request for a copy of the police report and submit this to us with your claim.
- Your vehicle rental agreement showing the excess amount charged by the rental company.
- A copy of the repair invoice (please contact your rental company who will provide you a copy).
- Proof of any towage charges incurred.